THIS PROPERTY IS UNDER OFFERFilanda del Casone, on sale at 1 Euro
- but with restoration costs around 1.8 million Euros.
Although this is now going through the sales process, we do have many more historic properties for sale in Italy - just contact us for more information,
If you are looking for something that doesn’t cost 1.8m Euros to restore, and have been tempted by the 1 Euro homes publicised by Italian councils - then we suggest you read our view about One Euro Homes
first - there may be a better alternative,
The property consists of three stone buildings
The main building is on 5 floors, Three living floors, the cellar area and at the top there is the attic. The building has a floor area of 1,090 m2
Annex on two floors, used as storage and garage. The building has a floor area of 124 m2.
Outbuilding on two floors with a floor area of 53 m2. There is a wood burning log oven on the ground floor.
5,500 m2 of land
Further information on Floor Plans and Estimated Costs of Renovation
The owner of the property is Modigliana Council. The council is open minded to any suggestions regarding use. The property can be a residential property, or used as a commercial activity such as a B&B or hotel/relais.
Please note that before a viewing can be arranged, bank references and a letter of interest must be provided by the client. The letter of interest does not oblige the client to complete on the purchase. Realpoint are sole agents for the property so please contact us for any information.
On purchasing the property: the buyer will make an application for a building permit and present a renovation project to the council within a year of the purchase date, and start the work within two. A further three years is allowed to complete the restoration, and an extension to this will be given if required.
Realpoint can advise clients on the services of reliable, English speaking architects to draw up the project.
Completion (Rogito) will take place in front of a Public Notary.
Built in 1752, it was purchased by a noblewoman of Faenza, Costanza Severoli, who donated it to the order of Dominican monks for a monastery. The Zauli brothers converted the building into a silk mill in 1823.
about the history of the property in our Blog about the Spinning Mill