1. Is my investment safe?
Yes, each vessel is owned by a separate UK-registered company. The owners own the company through shares, the company owns the yacht. This is important as the fractional (or collective) ownership purchasing model should not be confused with timeshare arrangement. Once the share purchase is made, the owner can sell or pass on the share to family members.
We believe that fractional ownership provides a cost-effective option when compared with full ownership or weekly rental. Rental proices for this class of vessel can be around £14,000 per week, so you can quickly see the benefits of fractional ownership.
2. What is the cost of collective share ownership?
The Rizzardi CR50 Top Line fractional ownership share costs £22,500 per share and provides you with one week usage each year.
Why not purchase multiple shares to provide you with more weeks exclusive use each year and the option of enjoying rental income for unused weeks, or use it for business events.
There is an annual maintenance fee of £1,000 for each (share) owner.
3. What are the closing costs on my purchase?
There are no fees when purchasing your share, but there are the costs of :
- UK Government stamp duty currently 0.5% of the share purchase price
- Your legal counsel
4. Are the weeks offered variable?
Yes. The weeks are allocated each year on a rotating priority basis, to ensure each owner always receives weeks in the peak season and weeks in the off peak season. Weeks may be exchanged with co-owners, used by friends and family or rented to a third party,
5. Can I rent my weeks?
If you wish to rent part or all of your weeks, then the management company will assist you, although this cannot be guaranteed. The potential income from rental is very attractive and buying one or multiple shares allows you to take full advantage of the your fractional yacht ownership.
6. How can we visit the yacht before buying our share?
We strongly recommend an inspection visit to discover the secrets of the Pinelli Voyages programme as soon as possible. We will assist you in arranging your visit.
7. Can I change my mind: if so, by when?
Yes. There is a mandatory 14 day cooling off period after you have paid your deposit which will be returned in the unlikely event you decide not to proceed.
8. Can I sell my Fractional Ownership share at any time in the future?
You are free to sell your share at any time, at a price that you agree with the purchasing party. Re-sale of shares must always be offered to existing shareholders first. The management company will assist owners in the sale of their share if they wish to.
Also note that ownership is limited to 5 years, after which the yacht will be resold, and the net sale proceeds will be shared between the owners.
9. Are there any ownership rules?
Yes. The holding of the owner’s share is subject to the terms of a subscription agreement, the articles of association of the company and a set of house rules and regulations. These documents will be made available as part of the acquisition process.
10. What type of people does Pinelli Voyages Fractional Ownership programme suit
Fractional ownership is flexible and is attractive to people who may have capital tied up in other investments but still want to enjoy a high-end luxury asset. Equally it appeals to people who want a well-managed asset and who realise they can only enjoy their yacht for a week ot two each year.
It is suitable for:
- Frequent sailors who are interested in buying a luxury yacht but want to experience the whole sailing experience or location before committing to whole ownership
- People who would like to invest in yachts in several different countries or resort locations to reduce their financial commitment in a single destination
- People who could afford whole ownership of a kluxury yacht but would not use it sufficiently to justify a whole purchase
- Buyers who rent a yacht each year and find the costs expensive and rentals conditions limiting
Arrange your Discovery Visit